WordPress is no longer used just as a CMS for blogs. More and more web designers and developers are using WP to create web pages for small and big companies. WordPress is highly flexible and easily customizable, and there are over 55,000+ plugins and counting to get you the maximum benefit out of your WP site. Here is a list of 10 free WordPress plugins that work great for business sites.
This is the best eCommerce plugin out there. You can set up a store in a few minutes whether it’s a new business or an online shop for an existing brick and mortar one.
The basic features include:
- Product, Cart, and Checkout pages
- Central dashboard with key metrics
- Configurable shipping options
- Integrated content and commerce across your site
- Secure payment options – credit card and other alternatives
- Automated tax calculations
- Integration with Google Analytics, MailChimp, and Facebook
- Host of free and paid extensions
This is one of the best-rated security plugins in the market. It provides complete and comprehensive security for your site and monitors your site for vulnerabilities and server issues.
The main features include:
- User Account Security
- User Login and Registration Security
- Database Security
- File System Security
- Blacklist functionality
- Firewall Protection
- Security Scanner
- Brute Force Login Attack Protection
- Regular updates and additions of New Security Feature
It is very crucial to keep your site and data backed-up at all times. Even with secured protection, there are chances of data loss due to website malfunction or server crash. Updraft is a great auto backup plugin.
- Easy to use
- Much faster
- Allows automatic backup schedules
- Backup storage in clouds
- Provides Restore functionality
Optimizing your business website for search engines is very crucial to get more traffic and sales. All in One SEO is a powerful and comprehensive plugin for SEO needs.
Basic version includes features:
- XML Sitemap
- File Editor
- Social Meta
- Bad Bot Blocker
- Canonical index
This is one of the best and most popular Google Analytics plugins. The set-up and customization are quite easy. You get
- Quick and Easy Set-up
- Real-time analytics
- Google Analytics Dashboard
- eCommerce Tracking
- Ads Tracking
- File Download Tracking
- Referral and Link Tracking
- Custom Dimensions
Caching plugins improve the speed of your site, which is one of the most crucial factors for SERPs rankings. W3 Total Cache reduces load time on the server by serving cached files to visitors.
Key Features include:
- Mobile friendly
- Compatible with shared hosting
- SSL support
- Caching statistics for performance insights
- Security features
- Reverse proxy integration and many more
This drag and drop page builder allows you to work on the front end of your website without the need to modify the HTML. It is mobile friendly, has customizable and reusable templates and powerful modules, allowing you to edit your business site on the go.
- Front End and Live Editing
- Front End Drag and Drop interface
- Multisite capability
- Total Control over Page Layout
- SEO enabled
- Network-Wide settings
- Basic and Advanced Modules
Social Media engagement is becoming increasingly important to connect with target users and buyers. Sharing buttons on your site lets readers share your posts and pages with others on social media, driving traffic to your site. Shared Count is one of the best free plugins in the market.
- Share buttons for Facebook, Pinterest, Yummly, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Social count display and tracking
- Share button styling and display options
- One-click retrieval for HTTP while upgrading to HTTPS
Images help you with SEO, but they also take a lot of load time, slowing down your site. Lazy Load displays images only when they are visible to the user, thereby reducing the HTTP mechanism and improving loading times considerably. The script weight is 10KB, making the plugin lightweight in itself. This plugin works on images in
- Post content
- Widget Text
With this plugin, easily manage your 301 redirects and track 404 errors to improve user experience and site ranking.
Among other functions this plugin lets you:
- Create and manage redirects quickly and easily
- Redirect based on conditions
- Configure logging option
- Export logs for external viewing
- Display geographic information of an IP address
- Match query parameters
- Import and Export from and to other plugins
Not sure which plugins to opt for your business website? Let us help you. With our extensive knowledge on designing and hosting WordPress sites, we can help you design your WordPress site and to choose the best plugins for your business site. Contact us at 1300 790 166 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.